BOOK OF ABSTRACTS – LEGAL, ETHICAL AND CONTRACTUAL ISSUES IN SPORTS
Sports and Athletics encompass the favourite pass time of several millennial. Commercial exploitation of this indulgence has paved way to the creation of numerous sporting events or games, in the frame and form of Franchises, Endorsements, Public Appearances, including but not limited to Branding, Image-Building, etc.
This wide-spread growth in sporting activities makes it’s regulation and governance imperative. The term Sports Law is a conundrum that which by virtue of itself, is a mere non-existential terminology, but which when looked in through the lens of various applicable laws, Civil, Criminal and Commercial, provides a paradigm shift.
Themes and Sub-themes – Legal Ethical and Contractual Issues
Sub-Themes are as follows;
- Contract Management by Sports Management companies.
- Branding and Image Rights of Sportsperson.
- Recent Trends in Insurance & Risk Management in Sporting Events.
- Broadcast Rights of Stakeholders of Sporting Events, including Sportsperson, Management Companies, Franchises.
- Law on Doping & Unethical Practices in Sports: A Comparative Analysis.
- “Arbitration and Courts”: The Third Umpire in Sports Dispute Resolution.
- Challenges to regulation of Private Professional Competition Events, Leagues.
- Endorsement Rights: Player v. Franchise/Club/League.
- Implication to Minors in Sports Contracts.
- Abuse of Dominance and Competition Issues in Sports.