FOUR-DAY ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR THE OFFICERS OF THE ANDHRA POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD ORGANISED BY CEERA, NLSIU FROM 1ST – 4TH, DECEMBER, 2020 and 7TH – 10TH DECEMBER, 2020.
The training programme is designed in two batches for four (4) days each specifically for delivering lectures and discussions on case studies. In the initial sessions, the focus would be on understanding the Constitutional provisions, their interpretation and the jurisprudential background to the topics. Emphasis would be on environmental legislations including Environment Protection Act, 1986; Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981. Discussions on several contemporary issues and
developments in the area of environmental law and management, both at the national and international level would be taken up. Recent judicial orders and decisions would be discussed as part of the discourse. Resource persons from the legal academia, practitioners, activists, industry experts are chosen to deliver sessions to make the effort inter-disciplinary. The technical sessions will be for a duration of 75 minutes. The mode of discourse will include a mix of lectures and discussion sessions. The mode of training will be through online video
conferencing. Participants will have ample scope to understand the legal dimensions of environmental law along with gaining insights from
each other’s experience during the training sessions. The sessions aim to bring to the fore multiple environmental challenges and
the possible solutions. The participants will also be tested by way of an objective type examination at the end of the training programme. On completing the training programme, the participants will be in a position to appreciate the legal nuances of environment and pollution in India. The Course will deliberate on the following broad themes –
- Constitutional Law and Regime on Environmental Protection
- Statutory Enforcement Mechanisms on Control of Pollution: Power to delegate prosecution
- Law relating to Collection, Disposal and Management of Wastes: Role of Municipalities
- Business and Environment
– Procedure of Environmental Clearances, Compliance and Corrective Action
– Corporate Environmental Criminal Liability
- Public Trust Doctrine and International Environmental Law
- Criminal Law Enforcement and Pollution Control: Procedural Issues and Collection of Evidence.
- Cleaner Technology and Environmental Protection: Law and Compliance
- Environmental Adjudication and NGT
- Case Study: AOL Case and Others
- Environment Protection Act: Statutory Interpretation lessons
The Brochure, and Schedule for Batches 1 and 2 are here below.