BROCHURE – FIVE DAY ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAMME ON ‘ENVIRONMENT LEGISLATIONS, INTERPRETATION, ENFORCEMENT, LEGAL AND STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS – CASE STUDIES’ FROM 8th – 12th, FEBRUARY 2021
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Five-Day Training programme is designed with the main aim of delivering lectures and conducting discussions on case studies. During the initial sessions, the focus would be on understanding the Constitutional and jurisprudential background of the topics along with their interpretations. Emphasis would be on environmental legislations including Environment Protection Act, 1986; Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981. Discussions on several contemporary issues and developments in the area of environmental law and management, both at the national and international level would be taken up. Recent judicial orders and decisions would also be deliberated upon as a part of the discussion. Resource persons from legal academia, law practitioners, activists, industry experts are chosen to deliver sessions, to make the effort inter-disciplinary. The technical sessions are of 90 minutes duration. The mode of discourse is mix of lecture and discussion method. The training program would also focus on a case studies of major events followed by discussions.
Participants will have ample scope to understand the legal dimensions of environmental law along with gaining insights from each other’s experience during the training sessions. The sessions aim to bring to the fore multiple environmental challenges and possible solutions for the same. The participants will also be tested at the end of the training programme through an objective type examination. On completing the training programme, the participants will be in a position to appreciate the legal nuances of environment and pollution in India.
DELIBERATIONS ON THE FOLLOWING BROAD THEMES
- Overview to the Legal Regime on Environment and the Constitutional Mandate
- Statutory Enforcement Mechanisms on control of Pollution
- Laws related to Collection, Disposal and Management of Waste
- Health, Business and Environment: Procedure of Environmental Clearances, Compliance and Corrective Action;
- Legal and Policy Regime on Pollution and Climate Change in India
- National Green Tribunal and its Directions to Pollution Control Boards including Environmental Compensation levied by NGT.
- Criminal Law Enforcement and Pollution Control: Procedural Issues, Collection of Evidence, filing of Complaint case and success ratio of complaint case.
- Clean Technology and Environmental Protection: Law and Compliance
- Environmental Compensation levied by CPCB/SPCBs various Environmental laws.
- Suggestions for amendment in Environmental Laws.